Monday, January 4, 2010

Dune


I finally had to move my "studio" up to the front bedroom from the basement. It was just too cold down there-brr! Dune is my first painting done in a combination of room light and natural light (as opposed to the flourescent light I was painting under in the basement). The colors are, well, bright! Just think traffic cone when you look at the orange. Strangely enough, I find this painting both energizing due to the bright orange and relaxing due to the texture & design.

All I knew when I sat down to paint this one was that I needed to get some flourescent pink about the entire edge of the canvas. Then I just went by intuition. I knew I needed to add a slightly new technique as far as creating texture, but it was difficult to really understand what to do. I ended up working the paint slightly differently with my fingers. The end result looks like the waves formations you see in sand in the desert (visible if you click on the close-up to the left); hence the title Dune.

Not a bad way to close out my 40+ paintings for 2009.


For more information on Dune.





No comments:

Post a Comment